Sunday, February 16, 2014

Week 2


Since Friday was Valentines Day, the past week was a little hectic. For Valentines Day Feast has a new menu and I prepared a few parts of the dishes.

Some of the most time consuming projects I had were juicing. One of the menu items included romaine juice. I not only learned how operate a juicer, but that romaine lettuce hearts are very difficult to juice. The resulting lettuce juice smelled a lot like a freshly mowed lawn. It is definitely not something I would ever think of to do. In addition to juicing romaine lettuce hearts, I also juiced carrots. The carrot juice was used in a risotto dish. I found that carrots are much easier to juice since they are much less flexible. Even though they were easier to juice, I had to juice a lot more of them, because carrots have a much lower water content. Since I peeled so many carrots, my hands has been orange for the past couple days.




I also helped make an interesting salmon dish today.  It was a salmon filet with a cream cheese, lemon, and dill spread, covered in cucumber scales.


No comments:

Post a Comment